I’m fairly sure I say this every year but isn’t it crazy how fast 2017 went by? I remember celebrating the new year like it was yesterday. Even though so much goodness happened this year it was also very difficult in some aspects. To close out the past year, here are some good memories and things I’m grateful for.
– Spending New Year’s day by going to Snoqualmie Falls (it was snowy!) and going to IHOP and Target afterwards. (The highlight was going to Target obviously.)
– Living in Jared and I’s first apartment together. (We just moved into a new apartment though!)
– Spontaneously deciding to go to London for a week with Jared. It was on this trip that I learned just how strange, yet wonderful, it is to be a tourist in a new city by yourself. I also ate at sit down restaurants by myself for the first time here.
– Going to Canada for my birthday and eating ALL the food.
– Okay, I guess a lot of these are going to be travel related so in general all of the travel this year was pretty amazing. London, Canada, Leavenworth, Vegas, Hawaii, Yakima, and Portland.– Getting gifted tickets to Yayoi Kusama’s exhibit at the SAM. This was one of the most amazing art exhibits I’ve been to.
– Having a normal Thanksgiving & Christmas with my family. It was a welcome change after 2016.
– Becoming closer with new and old friends. Making friends post-college isn’t that easy turns out!
– Starting a new job at a company that has been nothing short of amazing so far. I am so excited about the impactful work I’m doing. Also I’m thrilled to work for a company that has unlimited PTO. It doesn’t suck.
– Making a little more time for reading. Still not as much as I would like but I’m taking baby steps! Two books I loved reading this year: Crazy Rich Asians and Me Before You.
– Going to a Tacoma Rainier’s game with VIP passes that allowed us to get unlimited free drinks and food the whole night. We had so much fun with our friends Sheila and D!
– Getting to work with more Seattle brands. I started working with Trophy Cupcakes this year (about time I did something with a cupcake shop!), continued to work with my fave ice cream shop Molly Moon’s, and even did my first collab with a tech startup – Migo.
– I handed my car keys over to my baby brother! He’s not a baby anymore, clearly, because he turned 16 in the summer and started driving. I actually don’t miss having a car and having the freedom to take public transportation or all the other options in Seattle makes me feel so free. I never have to stress out about parallel parking now. #blessed
In terms of blogging, this remained a big part of my life in 2017. At the beginning of the year I wrote that I wanted to enter the year with more intention. I didn’t want to write posts that I dreaded. I wanted to be more personal, choose who I collaborated with more carefully, and keep up posting regularly. For the most part, I did just that. I am grateful for all of the brands that reached out to me and new friends that I met through this fun hobby. There is definite room for improvement and I’m really excited to work on working toward those changes soon.
Thank you so much for reading and supporting my blog! Happy New Year :) I’ll be back to share some goals for the new year soon. Celebrate safely tonight, friends!