Do you ever read a blogger’s review on some new product and wonder if it’s actually that great? Same. If they never mention it again, I’m just not convinced. Influencers get tons of product samples on a regular basis. For instance, I haven’t bought my own shampoo in over a year. (I know, that’s a crazy amount of shampoo.) I do my best to only share about products that really make the cut but this is my way of sharing what really made the cut. Not all things that I share here were sent to me. In fact, the majority of what I do use day to day was bought with my own money and from a drugstore. The best part is none of this is going to break the bank. Like, at all.
- NYX Concealer: This is a no fuss no muss concealer. In fact, it’s lazy-girl friendly because you could apply it with just your fingers. The handy little pot is a great addition to your makeup bag or purse. It’s not sticky so it doesn’t have to be set with powder if you’re ultra lazy. The coverage is also fantastic. The shade range is not great but if you’re an NC30-ish then beige will work beautifully.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge: One day I’ll fork over the money for a real Beauty Blender but until then, I love this sponge and I’m on my second one. It’s got a great shape for applying foundation, concealer, or even powder. You will never have cakey foundation if you use this dampened sponge. Tip: to keep it clean, I wash this with the cheap bar soaps I
hoardget from hotels or a simple cleanser I got from DAISO.
- Vaseline: If you don’t use Vaseline on your lips then you need to stop reading this right now and get yourself a little tub. Not the squeezy tube, but the actual tub. I’ve been using this since I was a tiny little child and I will never stop. Perpetually dry lips, meet your savior. It works really well at moisturizing your lips for a long time and it’s super cheap.
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara: I don’t have amazing lashes at all but this drugstore mascara really gives them as much oomph as they can get without actually applying some false eyelashes or extensions. If you struggle with smudging throughout the day, the waterproof one stays pretty well. It also holds my curl all day.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: I am absolutely obsessed with this stuff. It doesn’t smell great and it makes you look completely unattractive with it spotted all over your face, but it’s a miracle worker. Anything from a small whitehead to those painful suckers that come up days before a special occasion will shrink and disappear with the use of this. I leave it on overnight and while it does transfer sometimes, it really does a great job. Not super travel friendly but if you do travel with it, sit it upright and let the sediment sink to the bottom again and it’s good to use.
I can’t wait to discover more products to share with you guys! Please note the Falsies tube is actually purple – this yellow tube is their Colossal mascara. I just finished my 4th or maybe 5th Falsies tube and decided to try another, so that’s why that’s what made it into the photo! Additionally, Mario Badescu is not a drugstore brand but you can find it at your local Ulta.
Thanks for reading! What are your must have drugstore products that you buy over and over? Would love to hear.