Can you believe it’s that time again? Writing these favorites posts has become a fun monthly tradition and I’m always eager to be able to share with all of you the things that I’ve been really enjoying in the past month.
1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – Stressed about finals or suffering from some hormonal breakouts? This is a cult-favorite and praised product from a trusty brand that truly lives up to its hype. Just let the pink sediment settle to the bottom of the bottle (both glass and plastic options available) and take a q-tip (I recommend the plastic ones as to avoid excess liquid being soaked up by the handle), dip it into the pink “stuff” and dab away on any problem areas. Leave this on overnight and wash off the next morning and admire the results. Note: A bit hard to wash off the next morning without the help of a gentle scrub or face washing scrubber/brush.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 Zip – I rave about this bag all the time because it’s one of my best purchases. The chain does make the bag heavier than necessary but it’s sturdy and very trustworthy. Don’t let the small size of the bag fool you because it actually holds quite a bit. The small compartments are perfect for storing small items like lip balm or hair ties. I’ve brought my bag on cross-country trips, out to bars, and more! (P.S. This and the Mini MAC bag can be found for 40% off during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and half-yearly sales quite often, so keep your eyes open for these deals.) Worn in these blog posts: here and here.
3. Oversized white tees – Something every girl (and guy) needs and can never have enough of, honestly. I used to buy white tees from the guy’s section of stores then noticed they were just too boxy when I was looking for the perfect slouch in an oversized tee. Since the boyfriend trend is so popular right now, it’s no problem finding a tee that’s oversized but tasteful so your shoulders will still fill in the top. I’m loving tops with pre-cuffed sleeves and a pocket – it’s the little things! If you’re hesitant about a top being too long, just tuck the front into your jeans and you instantly make your outfit look more put together.
4. MAC Margin blush – A staple in my makeup collection for several years now, this is the blush that I wear more than any other shade for its incredible lasting power and pigmentation. It works on all skin tones (tested on many friends!) and instantly gives you a peachy glow. Since it’s a frost formulation, I apply this with a stippling brush to avoid a dramatic effect. For how long I’ve had it, I’m surprised I haven’t hit pan yet! (Though you can clearly tell it’s well loved due to how messy it has become!) Next time you’re at a MAC store or near a MAC counter, be sure to swatch this or ask someone to apply it on you.
5. Favorite tune this month: Cut Your Teeth (Kygo remix) – I think I stumbled across this on my Odesza Pandora station and thought it was really catchy. It’s been playing on a loop in the background when I do things like edit photos or work on my planner for the week. (If you didn’t know this about me already, I’m a meticulously organized person when it comes to planning out my time. Which reminds me, stay tuned for a planner post coming in the future!)
6. Journaling – I’ve also been journaling more regularly this month. Though it has been busy, I try to take a few minutes each day to write down what I’m thankful for and to document the things that I don’t put on my social media. I really recommend it – a great way to be introspective and have some quiet time. I love this simple notebook, if I do say so myself ;)
That’s a wrap for my May favorites! I’m so excited for June because after I finish my finals, I will have completed my third year of college and that means I’m only 6 classes away from graduating university! June is going to be filled with goodbyes (ugh), traveling, and new journeys. Thank you, as always, for reading and all your continued support of Cupcakes & Creativity! There have been so many warm wishes from old readers and many new readers since Seattle Met’s post. I am so grateful for all the love! Sometimes it seems like all I’m writing about it makeup and sharing clothes I like but this platform is so much more than that, not only for myself but for readers. If you’ve ever perused any of the posts in my ‘etc.’ category, you’ll see that slowly but surely I am trying to share content that is about self-care and self-love because we all know that beauty comes from within. As much as you make the outside look pretty, it’s what’s inside that really counts.
P.S. Now you can catch up on all my favorites posts by clicking the new Favorites category on the right sidebar! And…I have a Facebook page now! Please give it a ‘like’ to stay up to date on posts and more!