As you’re reading this, I am in London! This is one of the posts that I had to write early and schedule before I left the country. Current me is in disbelief that I’ll be in London so soon. I can’t wait! February is a shorter month but it was particularly brief as I had so much going on. Work, travel, and everything in between made the past few weeks extremely eventful. Here are some of the little things that I loved this month.
- Cauliflower. Probably the weirdest favorite I’ve ever written about. I finally gave cauliflower “alfredo” sauce a try and now I’m obsessed with making it. I use this recipe and it’s so so easy! It doesn’t taste exactly like alfredo but if you want to add a sprinkle of parmesan on top, you’ll be surprised at how similar it does taste. It’s not the best for leftovers but it’s so easy that you could make it easily for each serving. This is a great way to eat your veggies and indulge in some reduced guilt carbs. For anyone who wants to go full veggie mode you could spiralize any veggie of your choice for the noodles, but I still prefer normal fettuccine noodles.
- Hair masks. Full disclosure, I was sent both of these products for free but I’m only sharing them because I love them. Since getting my hair balayaged, I have been more conscious with adding moisture back into my hair. I use a hair mask in place of conditioner usually 2-3 times a week and it has helped my hair feel soft. I like this one for a budget version (under $6!) and this one by Living Proof if you’re willing to spend a bit more. It’s not that they are miracle workers but they are significantly thicker than a normal conditioner. I like to later this on my ends and pin my hair up in a clip while I finish the rest of my shower then I rinse last.
- Bissinger’s Gummy Pandas. Though I’m not a big candy eater, these gummy pandas are so good that I have to share. These are really flavorful and have a unique berry and slight floral taste. Plus these are probably the classiest gummies – perfect for gifting!
- Allll the highlighters. My skin has been dry lately and although my face tries to overcompensate by being more oily than normal, I’ve been loving highlighter on my cheekbones. It just makes me feel like my skin looks less dull when it is has some dry spots. Plus it’s fun to look like a disco ball right? Kidding, but it is so easy to go overboard with highlighter because of how fun it is to apply! Two of my top favorite highlighters to use lately are this cream one and a powder highlighter from Pixi.
- I’ve been digging into a lot of new blogs and YouTube channels this month. As a first time visitor to London, there was so much research that I needed to do! I especially liked reading A Lady in London’s blog and found these videos very helpful. I don’t know how people planned trips without the Internet! It is a bit of information overload but it’s especially helpful to do your research when you want to make the most of any trip. Who are your favorite travel bloggers?
I can’t wait to be back and sharing more posts! The travel section of my blog has been pretty neglected so expect some new posts in that category soon :)
Wishing you all the best month of March! I’m really looking forward to Spring and longer days.