Sweet, sweet Friday and sunshine are the best combo. After a long week I can’t think of anything better than soaking up some vitamin D (in the midst of gray clouds I’m sure) and relaxing. Part of my weekend is always dedicated to preparing for the upcoming week as well. While that might sound like a chore, I find it therapeutic and a great way to practice self care. Sundays are great to look at my short term goals as well as check in on the status of my monthly goals. (See my Sunday routine here.) I thought it would be fun to share my monthly goals here for the first time!
By the way, this is my third post this week which is a big deal for me! Two posts a week is already good for me, so I’m proud of this small accomplishment. It’s so hard to be consistent on top of a full time job and you know, life, so I really respect those who are religious about posting. While I would love to stick to a strict 3 post a week schedule, I know there will be weeks when I simply don’t want to post that much or don’t have the capacity to. Rather than throwing together a terrible quality post for the sake of posting, I’d rather post when I am able. If you want to receive an email each time I have a new blog post up, enter your email in the widget on the right!
– Keep up with daily ‘hygiene’ habits. (So glamorous, I know.) I’m talking flossing daily, wearing my retainer for at least a little each day, applying Latisse each night, and being diligent about my morning and night skincare routines. I recently started a routine that requires quite a few steps!
– Take walks more, especially when the weather is permitting.
– Finish two books this month.
– Explore at least one new place. Restaurants don’t count!
– Lay out my outfits the night before on weekdays to save time in the morning.
– Use my editorial calendar regularly. I only recently started using one this month and it’s already helping!
– Aim to post 3 times a week.
– Post what I want and when I want on Instagram, and learn to enjoy it again. I could go on a whole rant about how over Instagram I am lately. If you’re a blogger I’m sure you have heard of the recent drama with bots and the change in the Instagram algorithm. I’ve definitely seen a drop in engagement myself but at the end of the day, I need to remind myself it’s not about numbers and I shouldn’t be consumed by it. It’s just an app.
I’m not sure how interesting these will be to you guys but I love reading others’ goals. Not only does it inspire me to come up with my own goals, but I feel like I can relate more with the blogger. There’s nothing wrong with sharing fashion trends and beauty tips, but after a while it gets repetitive. I guess that’s why I’ve really shifted to balancing out my blog with more lifestyle topics. I hope you all are enjoying the change in content lately!
Have a great weekend filled – hope it’s filled with tacos and lots of puppy sightings!