Hiiiii! I’m writing today’s post pretty late in the evening which is rare for me. I tend to pre-write posts and schedule them to go live bright and early in the morning. Since this busy week made me fall behind a bit I decided to bust this one out in one sitting. You guys know that I tend to ramble so if you’re not in the mood for a rambly post and you’re just here for some outfit deets, check ’em out right below the first picture. Stick around until the end to read some random AF thoughts from this week.
*Quick tangent before we get into those random thoughts. The necklace and watch I’m wearing are both things I wear almost everyday and you can get them on Amazon Prime. In case you missed it on Instagram, I recently decided to join the rest of civilization and got my Prime membership back. Now I want to buy everythingggg. The same day shipping is UNREAL. One great thing about living in Amazon’s backyard I guess.
Alright, another quick tangent. These amazing lace-up suede sandals from Madewell are SO cute right?! They’re sold out now (booooo) but I found some similar ones that I love.
Now onto the five random thoughts from this week-
- The solar eclipse was such a cool experience to see! In Seattle we had around 93% coverage so it got decently dark. Unfortunately I had to experience it while I was at work but at least the traffic was light that day! I ended up rescheduling a meeting to go outside with coworkers to view it. Shout out to my mom for always being prepared and giving me glasses! I can’t believe the next one is so far away – that one will not be visible to us in WA either.
- Being selfish isn’t always a bad thing. This week I met with a colleague that I really look up to and she told me to be selfish. As in, be selfish with what I want with my career. If I want to learn something or do something, prioritize it and do whatever it takes to get involved. Among many other pieces of advice, her words really struck me and inspired me. I have a lot of interests and desire to grow professionally so her words gave me the extra push to really chase those desires. (If you’re reading this, thank you for the words and I’m going to miss you!)
- I’ve had salad every single day this week. And I’m actually not mad about it. Lately Jared and I have been trying to reduce our carbs when we can. Instead of having a carb-heavy dinner, we’ll either have carbs earlier in the day or drastically cut the portion size. Lots of vegetables and lean proteins! Granted, I’ve had ice cream and donuts a few times this week so don’t think I’m a health nut just yet. This week we’ve been making the yummiest salads that I’ve actually been craving them every night.
- Here’s what I’ve been having in my salads lately: organic spring mix, chopped apple, one hard boiled egg, shredded chicken, and very tiny amounts of steamed rice, feta cheese, and a few croutons if I’m feeling wild. I’ve heard of people putting a handful of rice in their salad before but it always sounded so weird. Jared suggested we try it and you guys…it’s SO good. Try it if you want to spruce up your salad and make it actually filling! *Side note: This is the best salad dressing ever. If you like the salads at teriyaki restaurants, this is probably the dressing they used.
- I decided to forego my usual tote bag or purse and carry a backpack a few times in the past week and it was AMAZING! While backpacks are not necessarily the most stylish accessory, it’s so much more comfortable than a purse. As someone who usually drives to work, I often forget how much of a hassle a purse can be when you’re taking public transportation. Today I took the bus to and from work and having a backpack made me feel like less of a hot mess as I tried to juggle my wallet, headphones, and lunch in my hands. (I got a new one from Phoebe James recently! On my Instagram here.)
- We’re in search of a new dining table – anyone have some inspiration to share?? I’ve been looking at Pinterest but I have no idea what I want. Jared and I went to Ikea last weekend and returned our old table because we didn’t love it. It was just too small for the space and something we knew we wouldn’t want forever. (I never knew how amazing Ikea’s return policy is! It makes me want to go back more knowing that I can always take it back, within a year. Also meatballs. Always say yes to meatballs.)
Okay that’s it for my late night rambling! Hope you all have an amazing weekend :) I’ll be back next week and hopefully with some more regularly timed posts!