Whew, March was a crazy month for me! So much happened, but the biggest change of all was that I graduated from college. Although adult life is filled with plenty more responsibilities and I’ll be starting my career, I think I will be able to blog even more than when I was a student – which I’m so excited about!
1. Adidas Stan Smiths (buy here) – Yep, seems like everyone has these and I have hopped on the bandwagon as well. You’ll see these in a post in a few days and probably over and over and over again through the foreseeable future. When it’s not raining in Seattle, you wear all white shoes with confidence. They go with everything and they’re so comfortable. Sure, they kind of look like trendier orthopedic shoes, but that’s the benefit of them – I won’t trip and fall in them like I would with heels.
2. Washi tape (adorable set here) – You guys know I’m obsessed with paper planners. In fact, a huge portion of my Google traffic seems to be from people searching ‘Plum Paper Planner review’. You would probably expect that I’m into decorating my planner but truthfully, I haven’t really gotten into it. Yet. A few nights this past month I got sucked into the intense part of YouTube where people record themselves decorating their planners. These are people who spend so much time decorating their weekly spreads that they look like scrapbooks. As in, my planner has never felt so naked before. So obviously, my first order of business after watching these videos was a visit to the craft store to buy myself some washi tape. It’s the easiest way to decorate your planner and who doesn’t love to spend their money on adorable crafty things they don’t need? Just me?
3. Target home decor (check it out here) – This seems like a really silly thing to include because we all know how great Target is and I don’t actually have anything specific to share, but I wanted to include it anyway because as I transition and move into a new place, I will definitely be investing in new furniture. I don’t think you need to spend a lot of money on decor, however, and Target is the king of cheap chic. I’ve been so impressed with the stuff lately and want to buy everything. Obviously the financially responsible thing to do. Here’s some of the stuff I’m eyeing…
4. NARS Casino bronzer (buy here) – Read my full review on the NARS palette I use that has this bronzer here. Since I was packing up all my things to move, I was living out of a makeup bag which is rare for me because I like to have all my makeup displayed on a vanity. Since I had to keep the selection minimal, I chose to pack one of my favorite blush/bronzer/highlight palettes. The bronzer with the Ita brush is awesome for contouring. It’s very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The more tan you are, the better this will work for you probably otherwise you need to be a boss at buffing. Harsh lines are never cute.
This is new, but I thought I might give it a go and share my monthly goals. I’m a list maker and live out of my planner, so something I do at the start of each month is write down a list of goals and things I want to achieve or start. This month, here are a few of them:
– Keep a log of finances: what I spend, what I save, etc.
– Get moving! I had to take a break from cardio and weights, but as the weather is nicer I want to try to take more walks and get outside more.
– Shop my closet more. As in, after moving I realized I have so much stuff. Although my style may have changed slightly, I hope to reach into my closet more and re-style things that I haven’t worn in a long time. Most of it is in perfect condition and deserves to be worn again.
– Blog more! I’m not a fan of sticking to a strict posting schedule but I’m hoping to blog much more often. I’ve got some fun collabs coming up, so that is a good motivator.
Tell me what you’ve been loving lately or what some of our goals are! I’d love to hear them.