Hi guys! I’m so sorry that I’ve been a little MIA on the blog this month. It was my birthday last week and I was out of town on my birthday trip as well as visiting my parents the weekend before that one. Although life has been really busy I’ve been testing quite a few new beauty products. Since enabling others to try things I love is one of my strong suits apparently (hehe) I wanted to share some quick reviews about what’s new in beauty (to me).
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – For only $6, this is something anyone with normal to oily skin should add to their skincare routine. I use this on my face twice a day and it has noticeably improved the texture of my skin and helps control sebum production. This is a good supplement to your skincare routine but isn’t a cure-all product. One thing I’ve also done to help with sebum production is wearing more moisturizer during the day. Previously I was only using my SPF during the day but I found that not wearing moisturizer is actually a cause for your skin getting oily.
- The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA – This is also really affordable and has been something I use mainly at nighttime before my heavier creams. Alpha Arbutin is safe for all skin types and is meant to help correct dark spots. If you’re like me and get some dark spots after blemishes heal, this is a much more affordable product than other correcting treatments out there. I can’t say it works extremely fast but I actually have felt that the dark spots fade faster than what I’m used to with other products.
- Musely Hydrogel Neck Mask – This product was super interesting to me so when I had the opportunity to try it out, I jumped at the chance. I’m a little self conscious about some lines on my neck and I’ve been trying to not neglect this area during my skincare routine. While I’m sure it’s helpful to use serums and moisturizer on my neck, I often wonder if there’s something more that I can do to help treat the lines. This mask is meant to be worn overnight while you sleep but I’m a side sleeper that moves a lot in their sleep…so I just wear this during the day. The mask has a grip to it so it stays on fairly easily but it’s not something I recommend walking around in. After a few hours, I felt like my neck and décolleté area was really moisturized!
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense – I’ve used Clinique products for nearly a decade so I’ve purchased some form of their Moisture Surge line several times. I’m new to the Intense formula however but after the past few months, my skin has really needed some extra loving. This cream is super heavy but it doesn’t clog pores or cause breakouts. I will say that if you have pets that you like to cuddle with at night (for example) you might think twice about this formula. It’s pretty sticky for the first few hours! I don’t love the smell either – for some reason this has a much stronger scent than my usual go-to, the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel.
- Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant – It’s perfect timing to share one of my recent Sephora buys, since there are some 10% and 15% off sales going on right now if you’re a Sephora member! When I was on vacation in San Francisco, I picked up the mini Lavanila dedorant to give it a try. The mini sizes of products are always more than enough to last me for a few months (or longer…) and they’re cheaper so it’s a no brainer!! I’ve heard so many good things about this deodorant because it’s all natural, aluminum-free, and really yummy smelling. I don’t sweat that heavily so this is the perfect option for me. It’s long lasting and actually effective, but without all the harmful stuff that most deodorants have.
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these or end up trying them! I am particularly interested in your thoughts about The Ordinary because it’s one of those brands that everyone seems to love. The affordability and uniqueness of the products makes me want to try everything!! I still have a few products that I bought from the brand that I haven’t opened yet because I can’t possibly use that many products on my face at once. What a problem to have, I know.
Hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!