Happy first month of summer! I have loved a break from school, sunsets at 9 PM, a week of fun in San Diego, and starting my internship. Since it was a busy month, I didn’t try too many new products but here are a few standout things. Quality over quantity, right?
1. Simple Skincare Replenishing Rich Moisturizer – It’s total summer weather here almost every day and the last thing I want to do is slather on a moisturizer that doesn’t let my skin breathe at night. This is as simple as it gets with no fragrances, no frills, and no harmful ingredients. It makes my skin feel balanced after washing and toning but absorbs right away so it’s comfortable. Plus, I’m a big fan of the squeeze packaging. If you have sensitive skin, this is perfect. I will probably switch to a richer moisturizer for winter, though.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Exposed) – When I’m not reaching for MAC Margin (mentioned in my May favorites here), I love to wear this Tarte blush that I recently got. It’s really not exciting in the pan but is a beautiful muted rose/nude. I imagine this will be perfect for the winter when I tend to be more fair but I like the subtlety of this. I use a more dense brush like this one to apply it to get the best impact and it just gives my cheeks the most beautiful glow without looking frosty or glittery. Plus, it really lasts a long time and will not sweat off in the heat. If you’ve ever noticed your blush only lasts in certain areas but has become blotchy in others at the end of the day, give this line of blushes a go.
3. Shift dresses – If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m loving comfortable clothing (like the joggers in this post) and shift dresses are no exception. Due to the boxy silhouette, it’s quite a forgiving piece because it won’t cling to every inch of you. Another reason why I keep reaching for my shift dresses is because it’s an instant outfit without having to put much effort into how you’re going to layer pieces on top. You could layer jackets and whatnot, but the easy way is to just accessorize with jewelry, hats, and purses. I really love this dress and this one too.
4. Eucerin Intensive Repair Foot Creme – Not the most exciting product but now that it’s summer and heels and sandals are a part of my daily routine, I need to make sure that my feet are properly moisturized. This isn’t overly greasy like most foot creams and it’s so cheap/readily available! After one use, my feet looked like I had just gotten a pedicure. The selling part for me is that this lasted. If you skip a day or two, it should still have kept your feet soft and moisturized. Not a product that only has results for a day.
5. Bucket bags – A style that’s been around for years and years and just like any trend, has made its way back into today’s fashion again. Just from the name, it kind of speaks for itself. These are the best bags to dump all the necessities (and then some) that you might need and when you’re searching for your lip balm while on the bus to work, you might start regretting our bag choice. But hey, it holds a lot and it’s cute. The only bag I brought for a week in San Diego was the one from this post and it was a life saver! If you don’t have $900 to spend on this beauty (like me) then here’s another option that’s under $50! You can pretty much find a bucket bag at any retailer from high to low end designers, guaranteed. This exact bag is on sale for $31.90 at Nordstrom for Anniversary! Early access (cardholders only until July 16, then it’s open to the public!)