January…the month of new goals, some new beauty products, and some good basics. I think I’ll say this every month but I really feel as if this month flew by. I can’t believe it’s February already! Here are my beauty and lifestyle January favorites!
1. Royal blue beanie (Love these from the men’s section – for less than $4!): For all the bad hair days or chilly winter days, this beanie was my go-to because it kept me warm but the brightness of it gives any outfit a pop! My favorite way to wear beanies like this one is to wear it unfolded and slouchy.
2. Vaseline Moisturizer: I would have never expected to like a Vaseline lotion this much or even want to blog about it but this product was a total life saver in January. With the weather changing frequently (as in 30 degrees one week to 60 the next) I was experiencing some dry, irritated skin. My usual body lotion wasn’t cutting it so I hunted for something that had a light, fresh scent and targeted dry skin. This stuff absorbs quickly but it leaves my skin comfortable and soft. Plus, I love the smell. Did I mention it’s incredibly cheap?
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: I’ve always been a black eyeliner type of gal but when I wasn’t reaching for a black gel liner, I wore this Urban Decay liner in ‘Bourbon’ (a deep, rich espresso brown) on my upper lashline. It’s so creamy, long lasting, and pigmented that it’s not noticeably brown but softer than black. I rarely reach for pencils that require sharpening but this product has won me over.
4. MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set: On the days that I’m really rushing to get ready before heading out the door, this product is one of my favorite steps in my beauty routine! My eyebrows are pretty light and thin so filling them in is a necessary step in looking put together. With this baby, I don’t have to use a brow powder or pencil – it’s a one step miracle because it sets them, adds some color to my brows, and helps shape them. Also, it really is waterproof. My only gripe about this product is that the product can get goopy and you need to really wipe off the brush before using it (unless you want Sharpie brows).
5. Of Monsters and Men: I’ve loved the album My Head is an Animal since I first heard it years ago and I just don’t get sick of it. For some reason, this month I’ve been listening to it constantly. I have to admit I’m one of those people that only likes a handful of songs from an album and doesn’t bother to give the rest a shot so it’s impressive (to me) that I like this entire album :)
6. Essie Chinchilly: This taupe/gray color is the perfect Fall/Winter neutral. It goes with everything and basically a no brainer for me when I’m giving myself a manicure. I always get compliments when I wear this color and that always strikes up some fun conversation! This Ulta polish in ‘Set the Nude’ is another go to for an opaque nude.
8. NYX Above and Beyond concealer: I get really excited about sharing affordable products that perform extremely well! This little pot of concealer is my best friend this month for covering up any hyper-pigmentation, redness around my nose from tissue usage, and even the veins underneath my eyes. I don’t get bags under my eyes but I have the thinnest skin ever there and my bluish veins are always peeking out. Anyone else have this issue? Just me? The consistency is very creamy and doesn’t require much blending. (Shade ‘Beige’ is perfect if you’re about a NC30 in MAC)
You might have noticed that my blog got a makeover! I am so pleased with how it turned out. The lovely ladies, Jess and Mina, of the LIV shop were incredibly helpful and gave my site a makeover all in one night! Check out their shop if you’re on the market for a new minimalistic theme.