Wow. I have no idea where the entire month of July went, but here I am, planning out posts for August and also wondering how in the world I only have 3 weeks of my internship left. Surely you are sick of the same reflections I have month after month about how fast the past 4-5 weeks have gone by, so without further ado, here are my July favorites!
1. Herbalosophy Nourish Masque – Cynthia Lions, a beauty blogger, teamed up with Herbalosophy for a collab and I was lucky enough to win a giveaway and be sent some goodies! I have a million and one samples waiting to be tested, so I’m just slowly getting to test the things I have collected. When I saw this hair mask, however, I knew I had to give it a try right away. It has been sitting in my shower for the past month and I use it about once a week. (Even for conditioner, I spread the product through the lower section of my hair, clip it up, and let it sit while I do things like shave my legs and use body wash. Maximize the time the product is in your hair!) I love the herbal/minty scent and how thick this product is. It’s like a paste but washes out really easily. I can tell that it nourishes my hair, even after the first use. I can’t wait to try the rest of the products that I received and share them with you guys.
2. Aquaphor Lip Repair – I’m a lip balm junkie and I always, always have one with me. Eucerin products are notorious for being intensely nourishing and that’s exactly what I was looking for in a lip balm. For an on-the-go lip balm, I really despise the kind in little pots because duh, germs. The best lip balms I’ve found are the ones in squeeze tubes because they are the least messy and don’t dry out like stick forms. If you’ve ever tried the Vaseline tubes, you know how easily it glides on the lips. Well, Aquaphor glides on easily too but it doesn’t feel like it’s going to come right off either, as the Vaseline one does. It has more tackiness to it which means it lasts longer, nourishes your lips, and doesn’t require reapplying as often. Plus it’s cheap – so you need this in your life; please go forth to Target and knock yourself out. (Shout out to Vaseline in the old school tub though – that stuff is my holy grail for before bed. Every. Single. Night.)
3. House of Harlow Pave Tribal Triangle Pendant – Apparently, my new thing when it comes to jewelry is triangles because I’ve been wearing this Gorjana triangle necklace in many of my past outfit posts and in everyday wear. When I received this House of Harlow one in my Rocksbox, I knew it was something I had to keep because it’s gorgeous and goes with a lot of outfits. Longer necklaces are going to be huge in the Fall I think because you can layer them with shorter necklaces and even scarves. This one comes in silver too, if that’s your thing. (Free month of Rocksbox if you use ‘atinycupofcakexoxo’ at checkout.)
4. MAC Eyeshadows – Years ago, MAC eyeshadows were a holy grail and ‘it’ thing to have and although makeup artists still use a lot of MAC, I think there has been way more buzz around palettes like the LORAC Pro and Urban Decay Naked palettes. I’ve had a few MAC eyeshadows that I never threw out because they were close to new and seemed like really practical colors and I’m glad I did. The past few weeks, I’ve rediscovered some old favorites of mine and have been wearing them almost daily. Shroom all over the lid is a no brainer that sets my eyeshadow base (I use a paint pot so it can get tacky if you apply too heavily) and brings a bit of shimmer to the eyes without being too intense. I also love Print smudged under the lash line to bring some very subtle drama to the eyes without being as harsh as using eyeliner on the waterline. I haven’t worn eyeliner on my lower lash line in years but having a bit of color there where my lashes are extremely fair has been a fun change in my makeup routine. Long lasting formulas that blend beautifully – I see why they used to be all the rage. Tip: if you return 6 MAC packages to any store or counter, you’ll receive a lipstick for free.
5. White Denim – White denim in the summer…how original, right? Working in an air conditioned office all day makes me want to wear pants most days but I still need to wear something light enough for the commute to and from the office when it’s 90 degrees outside. My favorite H&M white jeans that I’ve talked about on the blog before (look 1, 2 and 3) are still holding up great. White jeans just go with everything and if you’re bored of regular blue jeans, white is a good alternative. I love these two pairs that are under $100: here and here. P.S. White denim after labor day, all the way. Photo by my good friend, Deker Daily.
6. Plum Paper Planner – By now, you know that I’m one of those people that’s obsessed with paper planners. (Though I have to say, I’m not as bad as the people who film themselves decorating their planner each week. If you search planner video on YouTube you will find a black hole of girls spending tons of time and money on stickers for their planners. To each their own.) The Plum Paper planner that I wrote a review on has been a life saver and something I use everyday. Less on the weekends, but still something I flip open on Sundays to prep for the upcoming week. I’ve had a ton of traffic lately coming from searches for this planner so I think a lot of others are shopping for a planner! If you’re interested in getting a small discount, you can use the code TINY10 for 10% off.
7. theSkimm – I’ve always loved reading theSkimm in the mornings for a quick rundown on the latest headliners but the past month has been filled with a lot of political news and some heavier topics. I am guessing most of you reading this are Millenials so if that’s the case, you should not be getting your news from solely Buzzfeed or what goes viral on Facebook. Staying up to date and informed is so important. There are tons of news channels you can get your daily knowledge from but this is a convenient email sent to your inbox each day. What sets it apart to me is the almost sassy voice that just speaks to me. I imagine if theSkimm was one of your girlfriends, she would be a tech savvy, social, has-her-shit-together kind of gal who knows what she wants, gets it, and also looks fabulous while doing so. You go, girl. (So yeah, subscribe to theSkimm, get informed, and if you’re a girl like I just described let’s be friends because you sound cool.)
That’s it for this month, friends. Have a fantastic weekend and start to a new month! As always, I so appreciate your support.