1. You are in charge of your happiness. Never let your happiness depend on someone or something.
2. It’s okay to not be okay.
3. Life gets better. Awkward stages like middle school pass.
4. Having a bad day? Ice cream and/or tea. Guaranteed pick me up.
5. Quality not quantity – especially if we’re talking friends.
7. Don’t wish to be like someone else, it’s a waste of who you were made to be.
8. It’s okay to disagree with the majority. You do you.
9. I won’t judge you if you eat peanut butter out of the jar because it’s delicious.
10. Get your wisdom teeth pulled as early as possible.
11. Don’t take the Oxy they give you. Ugh.
12. Don’t stop reading. It’s actually a cool thing.
13. Never settle.
14. It’s perfectly okay to not have a plan for everything. In fact, your plans will get ruined and that will be the best thing to happen to you.
15. Cherish your time living under the same roof as your parents.
16. Wear sunscreen every day.
17. When in doubt, overdress.
18. Your grades do not define you nor will they make or break you. Just try your best.
19. Before you go to sleep each night, think about what you’re thankful for.
20. Be kind to others. Even when it’s tough.
21. Never fall asleep with makeup on.
22. Take a break from toxic friendships.
23. You are stronger than you think.
24. Tip. Be nice to the waiter.
25. Learn about the history of your family.
26. Save your money but know when to treat yourself too.
27. Ask for help.
28. Don’t go on diets. Moderation is the only diet you need to be on.
29. Always always wear your seatbelt.
30. Use a paper planner. (Do people even use paper now?)
31. Watch TED talks.
32. Playing dumb isn’t cute. Being intelligent goes a long way.
33. Vote. People fought for you to have that right.
34. Travel often.
35. Try new foods.
36. Have opinions and stick to them.
37. Know your limits.
38. Respect your body and boys will too.
39. Be original and you will be rewarded for it.
40. Learn to say no.
41. Take a lot of pictures, keep a diary, and save mementos. You’ll appreciate it when you’re older.
42. Don’t give up on the things you enjoy.
43. Don’t let your location be an excuse.
44. Don’t get too comfortable. Try new things.
45. Laugh it off because I promise, it won’t matter later.
46. Be a creative soul. It makes life more beautiful :)
47. Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
48. Be resourceful.
49. Apologize wholeheartedly. If you don’t mean it, don’t bother saying it.
50. Life goes on.
I’m only 20 years young right now but these are the life lessons that I’ll teach my daughter in the future. Life isn’t easy but there are things that you can do to make it a little more simple.